ABS Certification, Could you point me in the right direction?

Question: I own and operate a pontoon dredge in the state of Florida. I am looking at bidding Corp of Engineer projects which contain language of a "Coast Guard inspected Vessel" and an "ABS Certification" Could you point me in the specific, right direction to accomplish the two? Thank You

Answer: The best course of action would be for you to contact the Army Corps of Engineers directly.

If you want to do business in Florida, you would be working with the Jacksonville, Fl office in the South Atlantic Division. The main contact number for this office is (800) 291-9405 or (904) 232-2234.

To find the information you are looking for, you should contact their Contract Division at (904) 232-3735. They should be able to answer your questions and inform you of the processes, requirements and procedures necessary to bid on contracts.

Another resource that might be of interest is the Interested in doing business with the Corps? web page. If you want to do business in an area outside of Florida, you should contact the appropriate office.